This Agreement is between (Seller) Lovely Kitten and the said buyer as signed at the bottom. It is agreed between and seller and the buyer as follows
Description of Cat/Kitten
This kitten/cat sales contract entered into on:
This kitten/cat is being sold as a PET. Seller DOES NOT give permission to breed this kitten/cat.
Price of kitten/cat: $
Lovely Kitten Cattery requires a non-refundable/non-transferable reservation fee of $ to reserve a kitten/cat. This fee will go towards the total agreed upon price.
Kittens/Cats will not be shipped. Buyer must make arrangements to pick up the kitten at the seller’s airport.
It is noted that a Lovely kitten has received a thorough check up via Lovely Kittens for Sale designated veterinarian. The checkup includes, but is not limited to the following (the Health
Certificate as proof of the kitten’s health). Full Body Examination (ears, eyes, bones, heart, nose, breathing, skin/coat, stomach, tail, anal cavity, mouth and etc.), Distemper, feline parvovirus, Fecal Exam (Flotation) for different types of worms, De-wormed, Pyrantel Pamoate.
Therefore, the kitten is current on shots and deworming according to the age. Every effort has been made by Seller to insure the kitten’s health. Kitten has been examined on he/she appears fully healthy and received a health certificate.
The Seller and Buyer agree to the following:
(1) The price of the above kitten/cat is $ which includes a $ Reservation Fee (paid via PayPal or Zelle when kitten was selected). Reservation fees are non-refundable/non-transferable. All pricing is in US Dollars.
If after paying the reservation fee on a cat/kitten the Buyer should later change their mind about the purchase, the reservation fee will not be refunded. If, however, the cat/kitten should die before the Buyer picks up the cat/kitten, Seller will replace it with one of equal quality and value. If one is not available, the Buyer has the option of being placed on a waiting list or full refund will be returned to Buyer.
As the Seller, we have the right to refuse and/or cancel sale at any given time, or reason, as we see fit. In the event that Seller cancels the sale of the cat/kitten, Seller shall refund the reservation fee to Buyer within 30 days.
(2) Buyer agrees to have kitten Spayed or Neutered by 5 lbs or 6 months of age whichever comes first, at Buyer’s expense. TICA Blue Slips WILL NOT be released until proof from your vet is provided that the cat/kitten has been sterilized. If kitten is not spayed/neutered by 6 months of age, Seller will enforce breach of contract and charge the Buyer $2,000
In the event that this kitten is bred, Seller shall suffer losses that are difficult to ascertain. Seller will enforce breach of contract and will be due compensation of $5,000 from the Buyer for breeding rights.
Seller also reserves the right to spay/neuter any kitten sold as a pet prior to leaving the Sellers home.
Seller does not give permission to breed this kitten/cat.
(3) The Seller provides a 72 hour limited health guarantee that the above kitten/cat is in good health at the time of purchase. Seller is not responsible for vet bills incurred once the kitten/cat is in the Buyers possession. Buyer agrees to have the kitten/cat examined by a licensed veterinarian within 72 hours of purchase. Kittens should be tested for any parasites at their first vet visit and before being exposed to other pets in your home. Though kittens are dewormed before leaving it is always possible and very common. Sellers cannot be held accountable for any bacterial or viral infectious diseases, giardia, parasites, or fungus, due to the fact that these can be contracted anywhere in the environment after leaving the cattery and are not a result of genetics or breeding. Buyer accepts all responsibility for protection of the cat from said diseases, illnesses, parasites, and fungi. If the kitten/cat is not vet checked within 72 hours of leaving the seller’s possession, this contract will become invalid and Buyer will be considered in breach of contract. If found to be medically deficient with an untreatable or life-threatening illness, this must be reported to the Seller immediately. A signed statement from a licensed veterinarian as well as copies of any and all supporting diagnosis and/or documents is required to qualify for any exchange. If an untreatable or life-threatening illness is found, the Buyer has the choice to return the animal for a replacement with all returning and receiving of replacement fee’s being paid by Buyer. Upon its return, it will be replaced with a kitten/cat of equal value. If one is not available, the Buyer has the option of being placed on a waiting list or full refund will be returned to Buyer. If after reporting any adverse conditions, the Buyer may choose to keep the kitten/cat thereby assuming all financial responsibilities. After 72 hours of the health guarantee period, the Seller cannot be held accountable for future diagnosis of Felv/Fiv/Fip. Buyer agrees to keep kitten/cat quarantined for a period of 7 days from other pets. If kitten/cat has not been kept quarantined this contract will be null and void.
It is not uncommon for a kitten/cat to develop an Upper Respiratory Infection (URI), diarrhea, teary eyes or sneezing from vaccinations or stress of leaving and entering a new environment. Stress induced illnesses are NOT covered by the health guarantee. Seller requires the Buyer to isolate kitten/cat from existing pets for at least 7 days.
(4) If the described above kitten should die within the first (1) year of life due to a hereditary/congenital defect the Seller will not refund Buyer the cost of the kitten but will replace the kitten with another kitten of equal value when one becomes available (provided the Seller is still breeding). This time frame is undetermined; it will be when a kitten is available from the Seller. The Seller must receive proof of the defect in the form of a complete autopsy/necropsy report completed by a licensed veterinarian and performed at the Buyer’s expense. A Veterinarian’s certificate is required as proof that the cause of death was a direct result of a hereditary/congenital defect.
Lovely Kitten offers a warranty/protection against HCM (hypertrophic cardiomyopathy). If this kitten is diagnosed with HCM during the first (1) year of life or should die from HCM before the age of three (3) years Seller will not refund Buyer the cost of the kitten but will replace kitten with one of equal value when one becomes available (provided the Seller is still breeding). This time frame is undetermined; it will be when a kitten is available from the Seller. HCM must be diagnosed with an Ultrasound of the Heart (Echocardiogram) performed by a licensed, board certified cardiologist veterinarian. A certified scan from the licensed, board certified cardiologist veterinarian must be forwarded to the Seller as proof of HCM. If the kitten should die within the first 3 years due to HCM the Seller must receive proof of HCM in the form of a complete autopsy/necropsy report completed by a licensed veterinarian and performed at the Buyer’s expense.
(5) The Seller will have started all age-appropriate vaccinations, worming, medical exams, microchip by time of purchase. Seller is not responsible for vet bills after Buyer receives the kitten/cat. Also, the Seller does not warranty the kitten/cat against any adverse reactions to future vaccinations. As the Buyer, you agree to not have your kitten revaccinated for at least 3 weeks after the date of the prior vaccination. Failure to keep kitten/cat up to date on vaccines will render this contract null and void.
This contract will be null and void if the kitten/cat should ever receive a Feline Leukemia (FeLV) or Feline Infectious Peritonitis (FIP) Inoculation.
(6) Ragdoll, Persian & Maine Coon kittens/cats are outside pets. The Buyer agrees to keep the cat in & or outdoors as a loved member of the family. Kitten/Cat will not be caged as a primary living arrangement.
(7) The cat/kitten WILL NOT be declawed. Declawing is an inhuman mutilation. It consists of amputation of the first knuckle. Weekly nail-clippings, gentle discipline along with the availability of a scratching post or mat will help with scratching problems.
(8) If for any reason the Buyer needs to find the above kitten/cat a new home the Seller must be contacted first. Seller has the first option to take the kitten back at no cost (this includes shipping) to be re-homed or kept by Seller. This right is not time limited, but remains in effect for the entire life span of the kitten/cat. This kitten/cat is never to be resold without the permission of Seller. If kitten/cat is purchased with breeding rights, under no circumstances shall this kitten/cat be resold unaltered. Breeding rights are non-transferable unless Seller is contacted first and approved.
No kitten/cat from Lovely Kitten Cattery may be sold or given to an animal shelter, sold or given to a pet store, abandoned, sold or given to a laboratory for experimental purposes.
(9) Seller has the conditional right to reclaim kitten/cat without refund of purchase price for any breach of contract. Breach of this contract will have a penalty fee which is the purchase price of the above kitten/cat.
(10) This contract only covers kittens purchased directly from Lovely Kitten and to the original Buyer.
This Agreement is to be construed under the laws of the state of Texas, USA. Any action or proceeding by any party will be submitted to a Justice Court or a Small Claims Court in El Paso, for determination. Should it become necessary to enforce any part of this Agreement through the court system, then the losing party agrees to pay the total cost (e.g., court costs, attorney’s fees) for both parties. The Seller’s liability to the Buyer hereunder shall be limited to the purchase price of the kitten.
(11) Signatures and dates below indicate full agreement to ALL terms set forth in this contract. There are neither other conditions nor guarantees, verbal or implied. No verbal deviations or additions are valid. No other warranties or guarantees are provided other than those specifically outlined above. The below signs consider this document to be legally binding. Changes or additions to this Contract must be initiated by all parties. If the Buyer breaches any part of the Agreement then the Seller is released from all obligations under this Agreement.